Thursday, June 24, 2010

RINGO STARR CONCERT in BOSTON June 29th !


RINGO is my favorite MOCKER. Plus he is the DRUMMER for the first record I ever scored (I Want To Hold Your Hand 45) when I was young lad back in 1964. I tried in vain to get my Dad to take me to Shea Stadium in NYC to see The Beatles in 1966. I finally saw Ringo when he popped up for the encore at The Band's Last Waltz concert at Winterland in San Francisco - Thanksgiving 1976.


Ringo Starr 11th All Starr Band features Edgar Winter (younger brother of Johnny Winter), Gary Wright (Spooky Tooth), Richard Page (Mr. Mister), Wally Palmar (The Romantics), Rick Derringer (The McCoys) and Gregg Bissonette (touring & session drummer for: Steve Vai, David Lee Roth, ELO, Joe Satriani, Santana, Larry Carlton, Steve Lukather, etc.)

6/29/2010 @ BOA Pavilion - Boston, MA

Fans can expect to hear a jukebox worth of classics including Ringo’s “It Don’t Come Easy”, “Photograph”, “Little Help From My Friends”, “Yellow Submarine,” “Octopus’s Garden” as well as selections from his latest release Y NOT (Hip-O/Ume). Ringo will alternate with hits from the All Starr’s including: “Free Ride,” “Frankenstein,” “Broken Wings,” “Kyrie,” “Hang on Sloopy,” “Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo,” “Dreamweaver,” “Talking In Your Sleep,” and “What I Like About You.”

Over the years I have seen some of his bandmates... Edgar Winter (and Johnny), Rich Derringer, The Romantics, Gary Wright (Dreamweaver tour with Peter Frampton & Fleetwood Mac.)

Peace & Love & Happy 70th Birthday RINGO (July 7th)

RingoStarr.com



This was my first drum kit. I put it together 1966 and banged in a my RACQUET BAND until 1968 when I got a real snare drum (Rogers red sparkles) and put together THE ELECTRIC ONION. Although I played played drums on the side in both bands, i tended to adopt a morph of the John Paul George role and had my brother Greg on drums (pictured above in Racquet Band) and later in The Electric Onion he was special guest on guitar/vocals, so I had Clifton (below) on drums.


Although RINGO is my first favorite drummer, my earliest actually drum lust was when I heard Joe Morello's drum solo on The Dave Brubeck Quartet album Time Out in early 60s. Then in 1990, I formed DRUM ARMY, where I get to play tons of drums with some of the best players around.



Check out this DRUMS! More Drums & Percussion YouTube Playlist that I put together. Are there any other must see drum videos that I should add to my playlist?

No comments: