Sunday, April 25, 2010

BTM Guest Squelching with the Laundry Room Squelchers & Rat Bastard @ International Noise Conference 2010 @ MIT on April 22nd.

RAT BASTARD on Squelch Strat


The one and only Rat Bastard of Laundry Room Squelchers (from Florida) tours from town to town with different local people curating each of the shows. Rat takes an entourage of hot noise babes and one or two acts with him for the tour and plays last after an almost non-stop barrage of a dozen or so local artists.

Killer line-up. Each act did sets of 15 minutes or less. The tongue in cheek rule is... NO DRONING! NO LAPTOPS! NO MIXERS!

I played the INC 2008 Boston/Cambridge show and was invited to play an Orgy Of Noise set at INC 2010 by curator Nathan Trites, but since I am still in studio hermit mode I decided not to play this one. My plan was to just go to the show as spectator fan. I didn't even bring any of my cameras since the post production of shooting pics eats up so much time.

Bill T Miller on RADIO SQUELCH AMP

When I arrived RAT immediately asks me if I was playing under another name, since he didn't see Orgy Of Noise on the line-up. Once I told him I wasn't on the bill he insists "Well then, YOU'RE PLAYING with THE SQUELCHERS, we are down one man anyway." So he shows me one of three Peavey guitar amps that had been modified to have an AM/FM RADIO jacked in for uber SQUELCH all on wheels and long extension cords for a roller derby, bumper car, mosh pit, quad, freak-out sorta effect, while Rat wails away on his strat.

Squelchers' PEAVEYS CABS with AM/FM RADIO & WHEELS.
& Rat Bastard's Strat & Fender Amp.


RAT BASTARD & BILL T MILLER
INC 2010 (after show)

INC 2010 iPhone Photos by NATHAN TRITES
(all four photos above)


**********************************************************

FLASHBACK to April 24th... TWO YEARS AGO when I did a full on BTM = ORGY OF NOISE solo blast at the International Noise Conference 2008 at MIT Cambridge, MA that was curated by Jessica Rylan (who also co-hosted the 2010 INC @ MIT.)

SEE MORE PHOTOS of BTM @ INC 2008. by Sheri Hausey.


BTM & RAT BASTARD @ INC 2008

No comments: