Saturday, September 05, 2009

It Might Get Loud the MOVIE.... with JIMMY PAGE, THE EDGE and JACK WHITE !


If you love rock guitar, then you should love this movie. Sort of a tale of a Grandfather, Son, and Grandson all on the path. Each guitarist had their solo backstory unfold into the chat hangtime and super jam summit. My only hope is that the DVD release contains a bonus disc chocked full of the pure raw uncut complete summit trio jams. Maybe the three of them could do a tour together and play solo and as a trio. Hey, I can dream, prob sell out before I could score a ticket anyway. On a semi-related note, I just scored a ticket to see Zep's JONESY at HOB in Boston playing with Them Crooked Vultures.


One of the best moments of summit jam was when Jimmy broke out Zep's Whole Lotta Love riffage... the wide eyed smiles on Jack and the Edge's faces were priceless. In My Time Of Dying jam and theremin moments were killer as well. I saw Led Zeppelin II tour in May 1970 in NC and caught various Jimmy excursions over the years (The Firm, Outrider solo tour, Page/Plant and The Black Crowes.) Caught U2 on opening date of their 1983 WAR tour in NC and saw U2 at Boston Garden (or whatever they are calling it now) a couple years ago and plan to see U2 this fall as well. Saw Jack with White Stripes in Lowell MASS earlier in this decade and a couple years ago at the Orpheum in Boston. Jack always plays his walking talking rockin' character to the hilt all the way down the line.


Of course a great gig makes ya wanna JAM OUT... so when I got back to my studio, I immediately broke out my SILVERTONE GUITAR (just like the one I had as a kid back in 1968 when I played in my band The Electric Onion and grabbed a slide and cranked my SVT amp and went for a bit of jam, before getting distracted. I have been playing guitar for over forty years, if only i had the focus to JUST play guitar all the time, I would be one helluva player by now. Lately it seems, I spend more time going back to my earliest roots and jamming on my tennis racquet guitar.

OK... gotta get back to editing the new ORGY OF NOISE DVD. Actually never stopped, exporting and rendering on Final Cut program in the background as I type this.

More info on the film over at: itmightgetloud.com

No comments: