Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I DID IT... I WENT TO A GIG WITHOUT A CAMERA!


YES-SIR-REEEE ! I DID IT... I WENT TO A GIG WITHOUT A CAMERA.
So much fun to actually hear and see the bands... AND have time to CHAT with PEOPLE... AND not care about if I was down front or if the stage lights were cranked. No worries, several super photogs were snapping at least part of the time including: the amazing Lindsay Metivier and the legendary STRYMISH (B&W FILM only) and a few others, including a lady working the various angles with a bounce flash.

Of course my personal favorite superstar pop rock boy band, NEPTUNE is as good as it gets. Zoig-Ma-Noig rox (just can't get that INXS tune outta my head). Sadly I missed Big Digits, but of course they musta rocked the house. Just saw USAISAMONSTER for the first time.... a sorta crazy mash up of Rush, Kansas, Devo, Lightning Bolt spewed out into something like none of them.

Tons photos/vid from PAST shows over here: Zoig-Ma-Noig & Big Digits & Neptune and even a Great Scott club show page.

Now instead of sorting photos and video, I can get right back to
ORGY OF NOISE.

The real question is can I resist taking a camera out to the big Saturday double feature:

October 11 - early afternoon show... Kirsten Malone Fund Benefit with NEPTUNE, CATHY CATHODIC, ANIMAL HOSPITAL, MS. DOMINICA K @ Mass Art at 4pm

then later that same evening... Life Partners - Quits - Bone Zone - Donna Parker - Eunuch @ NOM D'ARTISTE at 9pm

Gonna try to resist the urge to shoot, but the only way to do that is to leave ALL the cameras here at the studio. Gotta KICK IT or at least CUT BACK a little bit. Wish me luck.

No comments: